Monday, August 15, 2016

Lance's Off in August; After 3 hours drive and 2.5 hours biking

Left home 3:08 AM and arrived there about 3 hours later just as scheduled.

Made preparation and left there 6:25 riding my MTB. The water showed lower level than before. I dropped at the curve which I could see many floating fishes before, but couldn't see any this time.

One vehicle passed me when I was biking, and they said that 'The upper you go up, the more you can catch fish'. I believed that word and kept climbing. After about 2.5 hours biking, could get to the my  farthest hole at that river. 9:02 AM, got started fishing.

9:14, first fish. Good start. Added the other soon. But after missed the third one, could catch any till 11 AM... That was not my expectation...

Gave up the upper section and decided to go back downstream.

11:46 parked my bike at the same place as the 2nd parking of the last trip(28). And I saw two motor cycles and one bike around the gate. Many fishermen...

Checked the downstream first, but got no reaction...
Because of low water or earlier fishermen???
Only caught the small one as the third fish.

14:42 Late but nice 4th one!
Seemed to be YAMATO?

26cm though, I liked his handsome looking!
Black color meant that he lurked under the deep hole.

Keep fishing upper.

15:25 5th one was so white caught in the riffle.

Evening fishing was always busy.
Cast and check the watch, and cast...

16:13 6th fish was the longest(27) today.

16:57 Stopped fishing and walked down to the parking.
17:25 Started biking back to the car.

17:50 Dropped at the hole B and fished a little...
Total 7 through a day. Much less than the last trip(over 20).
Definitely the reaction of fish was slow and nervous today.

18:40 could be back to the car parking before dark. Fishing itself was not the best though, it was nice summer adventure for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment