Sunday, March 27, 2016

Regrettable mistake... Mainstream Evening Spotty rise

In the morning, visited the branch river to check the new short rod performance. I need to get used to handle it though, not bad feeling. Could see only one chase though, he didn't take my fly...

Moved to the mainstream around noon. Saw a few HIRATA and Caddis hatch. Since I couldn't find the rise, checked riffle with HIRATA parachute. But the number of caddis was getting increased, so I changed my fly to caddis emerger. After passing a little, there was certain chase! First reaction this year on the mainstream area. It was only chance there.

Moved again and again to the last hole for the evening. I could see many aquatic insects there. ERABUTA, KOKAGE, HIRATA,

Caddis,

and crane fly.

Noticed something different and I couldn't find that it was a rise. I cast caddis emerger, and...
Silver body, black back fin, everything was perfect, if I could land him...

No comments:

Post a Comment