Saturday, August 17, 2019

Almost perfect IWANA fishing; Lance's long summer vacation day18

Curryman and I happened to go fishing together, we decided it just yesterday. 21:00 last night, curryman picked me up and slept in his car.
5:26 Time to wake up.
Water level showed 0.19m on the web.

Bikes on the carrier.

Mosquito killer and a cup of coffee.

9:40 First fish at downstream from the moderate depth and flow. There was almost no reaction from the deep hole in the early morning. After almost 1.5h quick research, I headed for the curryman at upstream.

11:13 2nd good fish above the bridge. Got two more strikes from same riffle. It must have stocked many fishes there.

11:27 Superb 3rd one was caught just in front of the dam by the formed beetle parachute pattern.

28cm handsome one, he took my fly very slowly after floating from the bottom having less stones.

There were some signs of fall coming.

13:21 took a rest having lunch and watching curryman's fishing.
I did only one mistake which I missed the huge fish by the line break just after setting a hook. I changed the tippet to longer 5x.

13:40 4th one was the fighter.

30.5 cm joyful SYAKUGAMI IWANA!

14:04 5th one.


14:15 6th one, good pace.

14:48 this nice 7th one has long story. 

 I found him in the pool rising intermittently. It must be the one which I couldn't catch at the last fishing trip. I added 7x tippet and tied #20 black bodied spent type first. But he didn't notice it because he stayed not on the surface but on the middle range. So I changed it to #20 peacock bodied danima pattern. After several casts, he took it very slowly. Got it! Could catch the rising fish by the sight fishing (my current thema).

28cm so nice male one.

We decided to go back to the bike soon.

15:12 The last one there as 8th was also nice and strong 27cm.

We started walking back around 15:30.

16:38 could return to the bike.

17:17 First evening fish as 9th.


17:35 10th one was the good looked like 9 SUN sized from the slow pocket water, but he escaped from my camera...

17:40 10th from the riffle.

17:53 Today's last one as 11th was from slow water pocket again. Looked like 8-9 SUN sized good fighter. The fly pattern was black spider parachute through the evening.

18:20 left the and arrived at the gate 19:20.

It was almost perfect game today except one line break. Keep enjoying your long summer vacation(once in 20 years), Lance!

No comments:

Post a Comment