Sunday, August 11, 2019

Lance's summer vacation day 12; Couldn't set a hook on good floating AMAGO...

Left my parent home around 4:30 day after annual baseball game there.
7:15 arrived the parking space crowded with many cars...
Saw many fishermen around downstream though, there was none around upstream. So dropped my bike at the entrance of AIT and walked down a little.

8:57 Got started fishing below the entrance of AIT.
Water level was the lowest one I've ever seen. Most of the section didn't work because of the low water. Walking upstream searching the pool and the deep riffle.

9:06 Could see 1st one soon on #16 parachute ant.

Soon, found the big good AMAGO floating and rising something on surface at the edge of the pool!!! Changed my fly to #14 Renegade and added 6x tippet longer. Could do good first cast, and he took my fly slowly and suspiciously. But couldn't set a hook when I rose my rod... Maybe I should have chosen smaller fly. I waited for a while though, he never flew up. I decided to try it again later today.

9:33 a little size upped 2nd one escaped from the net before I took a pic.

12:17 beautiful AMAGO as the third one took my #14 peacock bodied EHC from the bottom of the big pool.

13:06 First IWANA as the forth one from the riffle.

13:22 the fifth one was the biggest today from the deep rapid riffle.

I thought it must be good AMAGO first though, it was nice 28cm IWANA by the formed beetle parachute pattern. Around 14:00, I decided not to walk up any more and began to be back to the bike.

14:56 Could be back to the bike after almost 1 hour walk. Went down with the bike a little and restarted fishing. Soon I could set a hook on good AMAGO at the edge of the pool by #16 ant parachute! But he escaped doing rolling many times...

And could see big AMAGO at the same pool which I found him in the morning. But he got so nervous because of my mistakes in the morning that I couldn't make him bite my #20 giffith's gnat any more...

Just before the end of fishing today, missed one good one's take rising up just in front of the big stone. Stopped fishing around 17:15 and picked my bike around 17:45.

18:38 could return to the car before the dark.
Would like to come here again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment