Thursday, August 1, 2019

Lance's long summer vacation DAY 2; Had to quit fishing camp because of high water and weather problem

16km Bike and 7km Walk for one way today, which means that it takes total 90km for two days fishing camp.
5:09 Early start to make preparation at the parking place.
My strategy was to avoid the strong sunshine during climbing by bike, so let's move upstream and start fishing earlier than yesterday. Also I knew there will have a shower around three o'clock afternoon, so I thought I should finish fishing earlier than yesterday also.

7:25 parked bike a little bit lower place than yesterday. I passed the earlier other fisherman with motor cycle, so definitely there was no one except me.

Checked fish's reaction in the early morning there.
Got some reaction though, that was it.

9:17 I found the deer horn again, and definitely bigger and nicer than yesterday's one!! It was hard to bring it during fishing, so I hide it from view to pick it up later.

10:07 after walking up and checking several holes and no reaction, entered the river and restarted fishing.

11:34 First fish. Likely they didn't get activated till eleven o'clock.

11:52 Got the second one very smoothly.

12:01 the third one by #16 ant parachute. It worked well through a day. Fish took it very naturally.

12:10 the 4th, almost 1 fish by 10 min.

12:14 nice one as the fifth.
I used #3 carbon rod to compare #4 glass rod. Felt the difference of its weight and the accuracy to cast.

13:51 YAMAKAGASHI swam across the river.

14:06 the 6th.

14:30 the seventh as the last one. Kept fishing until around 3:30 though, fish's reaction got bad after the sun hide. And there got evening shower soon. Walking and biking in the rain, and the river got colored too soon. Noticed the mountain included more water than usual. Since weather forecast said it would be the same weather tomorrow as today, I decided to quit fishing camp today. Because of high water, I have to go upper than usual and it take longer than usual. But fish will be activated after 11 AM, and there will be shower past 2 PM. Too short fishing time...

No comments:

Post a Comment